Friday

Shab to Fab Wingback Reupholstered

I have a complex. I see something online and think, I can do that! I want to try! 
RIGHT... THIS... MINUTE... 
And I can't do anything until I do it. I get really determined sometimes.  :)
So, when I saw all the awesome wing back chairs being redone, I wanted to try my hand at it. 

I found this beauty at my local DI for $30.

The below chart from  Little Green Notebook let me know how much I'd need for my little chair.
(Totally worth Pinning to look back at later!)

I got 5 1/2 yards of gray velvet and cording for the piping. 
I didn't take any 'during the process' pictures. I will tell you though: my fingers were sore, the living room was covered in staples, and I broke 1 needle on my sewing machine going through so many layers of velvet. 
(I'd drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable.)  
I'd think twice about doing another, but I loved the end product!

(I love before and after pictures!)

This is going to look great at a gray, eggplant and white/ivory wedding coming up!

 Mr. Bentley wanted to get in on the picture taking.

If you feel like you want to take this kind of project too, jump onto Remodelaholic
She has a step-by-step on how she did it.  

Or why go through the hassle. If you are in Southern Utah, you can rent it for your wedding for $15! 
(Keep posted, many more rental furniture items to be posted soon!)

Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails