Tuesday

Wedding: Do it Yourself Centerpieces

This is a fun project for brides who are hands on and oh-so thrifty!

These branch centerpieces for your wedding are super easy to make.

Start with a branch.
I choose a set of branches that had been in a recent fire. They had a whimsical look, so I drove a full hour to get them. Ha. What I won't do for the right look! Any branch will do though.

Next spray paint your branches whatever color you want them to be. 
I chose a dark brown for this particular wedding.


Next you will need Plaster of Paris and disposable containers. 
I got the Plaster of Paris at my local craft store for around $6 and the disposable containers five for $1 at the dollar store.
Mix the plaster as described on the back of the tub. All it takes is water. I mixed everything right in the container with a plastic spoon so clean up would be easy.


Once the plaster has begun to set, take your branch and push it to the very bottom of the container. Make sure you do this quickly so the plaster will set up around the branch. You may need to hold it there for a few minutes so the branch sets up straight.


And WALA, centerpieces all ready to be decorated all for $1.50 each.
(I made 5 in all)
The last thing you need to do it find is a decorative container for them to be in to hide the plaster base. This particular centerpiece was covered in Spanish moss and had orchids and crystals hung from the branches. 

Be creative there are lots of options that can be done to decorate these fun centerpieces. 

See our links on






Decor Mamma


Funky Junk Interiors


4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post! I am dying to try this out but I have no idea what for? Anyway... the final product is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I'll definitely have to remember that :) Thanks for sharing!
    -Micah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I {heart} branches. I use them all over my house and have been using them for events for awhile...Great post.

    Holly
    hipweddings.blogspot.com
    504main.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails